Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #99: SANTALYTICS 2017 - Part 3

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Played around with using tools as pixels for pixel pictures.  Tableau is currently not working, so I don't have pics, but the workflow does render very large pictures in HTML.  Tool backgrounds change for some results, such as all blue or all green to make the picture stand out.  The workflow is set up to use a 26 column grid.  I create the "pixels" in an Excel worksheet then use that layout to create the list for the text input.  Each layout has a unique identifier for the app filter to the correct dataset.

Datasets:

Spoiler
LayoutLayout

DatasetDataset

Workflow:

Spoiler
Workflow 99.JPG

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here's my solution. Couldn't think of anything to do that hasn't been done already, so I just kept it simple.

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Created an app that allows you to filter the periodic table.

Spoiler
challenge_99.PNG
JamesCameron
8 - Asteroid

My Effort - group similar categories together and choose which categories to display via an app

Spoiler
JamesCameron_0-1578053521480.png
rmassambane
10 - Fireball

mbogusz
9 - Comet

Spoiler
Was going for a red, white and blue star themeWas going for a red, white and blue star theme
-Made all the Large Backgrounds blue
-Made all the Tool Names have a red background
-Added a TBD element #169 because there are more tools coming and needed to keep it in a star formation (well, almost star)
Nicholas_Bignell
8 - Asteroid
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

On a spree to binge complete weekly challenges

Spoiler
This is my solution
atcodedog05_0-1585575147019.png

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

May have done it already as part of Part 2 as I didn't quite follow the instructions then...

Spoiler
All_image.pngworkflow.png
JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC99.PNG

As others did, I chose to make it into an app.