community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #99: SANTALYTICS 2017 - Part 3

Bolide

Played around with using tools as pixels for pixel pictures.  Tableau is currently not working, so I don't have pics, but the workflow does render very large pictures in HTML.  Tool backgrounds change for some results, such as all blue or all green to make the picture stand out.  The workflow is set up to use a 26 column grid.  I create the "pixels" in an Excel worksheet then use that layout to create the list for the text input.  Each layout has a unique identifier for the app filter to the correct dataset.

Datasets:

Spoiler
diamond layout.JPGLayout

diamond data.JPGDataset

Workflow:

Spoiler
Workflow 99.JPG

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here's my solution. Couldn't think of anything to do that hasn't been done already, so I just kept it simple.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Created an app that allows you to filter the periodic table.

Spoiler
challenge_99.PNG