Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #99: SANTALYTICS 2017 - Part 3

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@LordNeilLord Thank you. I think it may have to do with using a table to add a background. Trying to reconfigure to make it work. We shall see......

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

The problem was using the table to color the background. Using an image instead made it work. Thank you again, @LordNeilLord for helping me to realize the sticking point!! Now on to complete my Tableau viz.....

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Finally!! For whatever reason, my graphics wouldn't render properly when I used a table, so had to redo all of the overlays, etc., and create the images for the small background.

Included a description of the tools, and a URL to the help page (done manually) in the new workflow.

Output is in Tableau. Lots of fun!! You can choose to highlight by tool category. If you hover over a tool, you'll see a description of that tool. If you click on a tool, it will launch to the help page for that tool.

Link here: My viz on Tableau Public

image.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

Challenge_99.png

kat
12 - Quasar

probably the best response to a challenge ever @LordNeilLord!

I went a bit easier and only added the small background colours and a help file link.

Spoiler
Challenge #99.PNG
dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Master @LordNeilLord, Are you refreshing this dashboard? 

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers! I added a hyperlink to each tool that links to the Alteryx help page for that tool, and I turned the workflow into an Analytic app that sorts by tool category and allows the user to select the categories that they want to see.

Spoiler
The final result looks like this.
Challenge_99.PNG
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

For my French friends here in the Great White North, an analytic app that allows you to select the language in which to display to display the periodic table.

Whole table

Detail

Spoiler
Solution.png

Dan

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

I used Alteryx and Tableau to create an interactive visualisation where each icon links to that tool's Help documentation on the Alteryx website:

https://public.tableau.com/views/ThePeriodicTableofAlteryxTools_0/ThePeriodicTableofAlteryxTools?:em...

I scraped the help pages and icons from the Alteryx website and used the URL Actions feature in Tableau to make the icons clickable.

The Periodic Table of Alteryx Tools.png

A nice challenge to bring me up to 100% at last.

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Been struggling with this one for a bit...

Decided to use the solution of #98 has a starting point... learned a lot from the various reporting tools...

Added the following

- Different sort orders

- Filters by tool category

- Selection through interactive tools...