Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #98: SANTALYTICS 2017 - Part 2

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This one was fun. Learned a lot about combining images and a bit more about the Layout tool.

TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
98. Data Analysis.PNG

I thought I was pretty good at using the reporting tools, but I'd never used the overlay tool, so thanks again @LordNeilLord for your solution which taught me a few things

98. Data Analysis 2.PNG
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@TimothyManning   I'm flattered by your plagiarism 

TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid

It makes more sense to learn from the best than to not learn by not knowing how to do it 😉 

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Bypassed this challenge for a long time, because reporting tools are not really my passion ... learned a lot about some of these tools now, and they are still not my passion.

Spoiler
15-08-_2019_10-28-34.png
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Is there no end to the Tableau Trellis table-calc formula

Spoiler
Challenge 98.pngchallenge 98 out.png
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

This was a mostly unpleasant experience... Of note: why are tool rank 108 and 109 missing from the original periode Alteryx table?

Any feedback would be welcome regarding this broken workflow.

Spoiler
98.png

KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

Spoiler
2019-09-22_15-14-24.png
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I took a little different approach by first creating a text input that holds which data belongs in which column and what the vertical order of each tool is.  Then I created a white background using a paint tool to create the correct white spaces.  Then it was joining and arranging data to get to the final result.  Only looks good in HTML and is still very large, but the end result is dynamic and can handle up to 362 tools in the extended periodic chart format (yes, I remember high school chemistry, electron shell numbers, and how the periodic table is built from them).

Spoiler
Workflow 98.JPG

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Can finally attach files, although cannot edit my previous reply