Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #97: SANTALYTICS 2017 - Part 1

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's how I solved it:

Spoiler
challenge_97_JL.png
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Good Challenge

table.png

Issues accessing Amazon from work, though.  All links through Alteryx came back, forbidden.  Worked from Chrome though.  I had to download the images and retrieve them from disk.  I tried to keep the work flow as similar as possible.  About the only thing missing is the download tool.

Spoiler
solution 97.png

Dan

kat
12 - Quasar

this one threw me a little!

Spoiler
Challenge #97.PNG
soha-elghany
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
spoiler

97.png
JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers!

Spoiler
So I had to do some powershell scripting to make option 1 work. You'll see a file called "unzip.ps1" for the argument of my run command tool. Here was the actual script that I used. 

Add-Type -AssemblyName System.IO.Compression.FileSystem
function Unzip
{
param([string]$zipfile, [string]$outpath)

[System.IO.Compression.ZipFile]::ExtractToDirectory($zipfile, $outpath)
}
Unzip "C:\users\irbrtp\desktop\image assets.zip" "C:\users\irbrtp\desktop\"
CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution... 

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

It's almost time for Santalytics 2018 but here I am...still 2017

Went for the route#1, with some 7z to help.

Spoiler
workflow - download, extract create reportworkflow - download, extract create reportLove that summary tool sample outputsample output

Not sure why I am unable to upload workflows (Keep getting this error no matter what I do to the file (yxmd, yxwz, zip) The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type.)

: here it is https://dsmdaviz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/solved%2397.yxmd

jssandom
8 - Asteroid

Using method 2

Justin_0
8 - Asteroid

Had to peek at the solution to figure this one out.  Didn't occur to me until late that I should have been referencing the Alteryx Periodic table to figure out what the background colors were referring to.  But I got there eventually.