Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #97: SANTALYTICS 2017 - Part 1

SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I admit this one was over my head. I did it, but I used the community posts to accomplish it as I had never used the download tool or the image tool before. This was a great learning opportunity for me though and for that I thank you! 

Philip
12 - Quasar

Sadly, I can't take part in Satalytics this year because our systems are still 11.0 and I can't open the files. Good to see so many participating, though!

lminors
9 - Comet

Easy png-easy. Took route 2.

Spoiler
WC97.JPG
Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

Spoiler
challenge97part1.jpg

I went with option 1 with a little help from the following post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Preparation-Blending/Can-Alteryx-unzip-a-file-as-part-of-the-w...

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great challenge, and hopefully a few options for @TaraM to help with the next iteration of the Periodic table!

Did both options for good measure.

Spoiler

The key for me was wrapping each of these pieces in a Batch Macro to ensure that they run in a series - this allows you to avoid the issue that many faced that they had to disable the downloader when creating the report version

First download the zip fileFirst download the zip fileThen unzip itThen unzip itThen load all of the images into a rowsetThen load all of the images into a rowsetThen join them all togetherThen join them all together

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

This is a tough one! Solution attached.

Natasha
9 - Comet
Spoiler
I used method #2 and a blob as we learned them just recently in Challenge #92! Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 22.50.47.png
Reinierk
7 - Meteor

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

Elena_Caric
8 - Asteroid

Deceiving by the looks of it, but the workflow took so much time. Good practice though