Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #96: Who Stole my Latte?

tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
WC96workflow.PNG

I ran into a bit of trouble with the find nearest before I realized that I had parsed out a "-" in the longitude.

You should put the T-Mobile campus coordinates in the instructions, I had to go look online for them. Also, some of the image links are dead right now, so I had to selectively filter in order to view the images.

Great exercise in data parsing and prep though, fun challenge.

JonM
8 - Asteroid

Wow! never attempted to use pictures in Alteryx before, However it was awesome to see it's possible, what else can we do with pictures in Alteryx?

On a side note, my IT department did not like me trying to download the picture as the thought it was a "Personal/Dating" website, OOPS!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Got the culprit.   Like several others, my work figured I was "Looking for love in all the wrong places"(dating web sites).  I tracked it downs by opening the possibles on my phone.  @JoeM: I gotta side with @tcroberts on this one.  I had to look at the spoilers to figure out what the "T-Mobile Campus" is.  For those of us outside the US, please put this location into the description or the start file.  Also where did you get the person's name?

Spoiler
Phone number: 2538675309

Solution 96.png

Dan

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@danilang and @tcroberts - Thanks for calling this out. I updated the start file.

jzondervan
7 - Meteor

Found the thief!

kat
12 - Quasar

Cool one :) but I had some weird issues on the download and image tool, but got the one I needed!

Spoiler
Challenge #96.PNG
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I tried to send the blob output from the download tool to an Image tool, but got an error that the DownloadData Blob field is not a recognized image format. When I used the Blob convert tool instead, I found the guilty party!

Fun challenge!

nicoleserrafero
6 - Meteoroid

This one was lots of fun! I was able to use REGEX in this one. Might try this one again and attempt to use regex to extract more data.

ch12345
7 - Meteor

I've got a hard block on downloading image files through Alteryx, so I had to take a guess using the filename! I've not used the spatial data tools before, and they seem quite intuitive here.

This was also a good challenge for practising regex.

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers!