Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #95: Draw 1000 Apples in Under 60 Seconds

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

I was worried about this one, but it ended up to be pretty fun - just parsing and reporting! It took me a while to figure out how to match the colors.

Spoiler
Workflow:
challenge_95_workflow.PNG

Output:
challenge_95_output.PNG

Verakso
11 - Bolide

Another challenge done, and this was one of the tougher ones.

I did not knew Alteryx could do that, and I guess it comes down to the hardware as well, since it took 1:06 on my machine to draw everything 😃

The RuntimeThe Runtime

Spoiler
It took me a while to figure out, how to draw the apples, but my biggest challenge was how to do the actual reporting.

I will bluntly admit, that I had to look at some of the other solutions in order to figure that part out.

So in the end my solution ended up looking like this

The WorkflowThe Workflow

And the result like thisThe resultThe result

On my way to Lhotse Face

/Verakso

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
What a cool challenge! There was no start file, so I got to use the correct orientation for my workflow (vertical)!

2.PNG

Capture.PNG
Eleonora
8 - Asteroid

My solution. Both the drawing of apples and heatmap.

Spoiler
challenge 95 solution Eleonora Nazander.JPG
Johnny_Analytics
8 - Asteroid

OK - I *may* have pumped my fist in triumph when I finally got the apples to come out the right way.  This was a great challenge!

Spoiler
This is the main workflowThis is the main workflow

This is the macro to create the spatial objectsThis is the macro to create the spatial objects

This is the beautiful result!This is the beautiful result!

alexo
8 - Asteroid

My output is not as nice looking as the template, but I'm proud of it. I didn't realize there was a json parse tool, so I ended up using a whole lot of regex to do that instead. I also didn't use the heat plot / predictive analytics tool, and instead used a grid tool to map the points to a count using some spatial processes, which I thought was pretty neat, albeit somewhat inefficient.

TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
95. Spatial.PNG

What a difficult challenge! Used a lot of @LordNeilLord's solution to help me do this one.

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

First try was using R to load the ndjson file, but it was much easier to copy paste the file and change the extension to a .txt

I have the parts I need but juggling them around to arrive at the exact same solution as Joe M seems too much of a hassle. I really hope that one day reporting will be intuitive in Alteryx and will not result in broken workflows and shapes that even Tableau can no longer read.

Workflow:

Spoiler
95.png
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Never enjoy using the reporting tools. Initially I used only spatial tools, but then I remembered the reference to R so I went with that method in the end.

Spoiler
workflowworkflowoutputoutput
lavanyadurai
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Challenge95.PNG

Challenge95-pdf.PNG