Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #94: Have we reached Peak Pumpkin?

ArnavS
Alteryx
Alteryx

great to try out TS factory

jwlong91
8 - Asteroid

Great challenge for learning about batch macros and time series tools!  Sadly, the interactive chart tool kept crashing for me, so I wasn't able to render all the charts, however, I was able to get a screenshot from within the interactive chart tool.

Spoiler
Workflow:
WorkflowWorkflow

Macro:

Challenge 94 Batch Macro.JPG

Example output graph:

Challenge 94 Example Graph.JPG

greggrimmer1
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
greggrimmer_0-1605607796029.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Nice one!

rayJ
8 - Asteroid

A hard one, for sure. Get a chance to look at TS Model Factory and TS Forecast Factory. the R code looks insane on the inside but the output columns are very useful. It would definitelybe a great experience knock on those code.

Could build a macro myself by looping the ARIMA model tool and forecast tool.

Tokimatsu
12 - Quasar

Tried.

Spoiler
2021-02-06_16h34_03.png

BeginnerMindset
8 - Asteroid

Well that was fun - learnt lots there.  Great opportunity to practice the batch macro - obviously it could be avoided but I feel like you have to use the batch macro to have really completed this challenge.

I think there is an issue with ETS (at the time of writing), but ARIMA gives sensible results, so I went with that.  I believe most people who have really looked at the forecast have hit the same issue with ETS.  I have posted a comment on the Discussion forum under the thread "Impossible to get results with the ETS tool" for anyone who wants to really get into the detail.  If anyone has got plausible forecasts from ETS for this challenge I would love to hear.

Spoiler
BeginnerMindset_0-1614359162927.png

Spoiler
BeginnerMindset_1-1614359219992.png

mpennington
11 - Bolide

I would like to say I enjoyed this one, but I kept struggling with some of the R Tools 'not initializing.' Quite frustrating. Regardless, finally got it. Not much different than others. 

Spoiler
MacroMacroWorkflowWorkflow
tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

DN
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG