Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #94: Have we reached Peak Pumpkin?

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Hello all,

Here is my attempt at this exercise; looking at the interactive lessons, I got an idea on how to import those workbooks much more dynamically. Other than that, I am pretty much following the approach everyone else is. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Connecting-to-Multiple-Sheets-at-Once/ta-p/8287...

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Kenda

I really enjoyed looking at your macro.

It was a very dynamic approach to running the model.

Awesome!

paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

The only slight difference I took in the approach was to check if any weeks were missing as part of the workflow.

LandonG
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Fairly new to the predictive stuff. Here's my attempt. Tried it using the standard time series tools and the Factory tools from the gallery with my best guess at an explanation. Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_94 - Snip.PNG
Natasha
9 - Comet

Learned a lot while doing this challenge. didn't create a macro as I was excited to play with new Time Series Tools. My Produce numbers are also slightly off which I don't understand why, as at the first glance the solution approach is quite similar.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 00.53.56.png

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Had to use a few block until done tools to slow this one a bit.  Fun time series exercise!

samN
10 - Fireball

Had some trouble with downloading the complete predictive tools package. Am getting most of the tools but the ones i needed for this challenge were missing. Was able to copy them from the solution and then configure them how i needed . 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

So – after looking at other people’s solutions I realized that I did this in a very brute-force kinda way.

I blame this guy who was giving me advice (now I know the origin of that ancient saying “never take Alteryx advice from a lizard in a rainforest”)

20171227_123648_v2.jpg20171227_123718_v2.jpg

Spoiler

Solution Notes:
- My solution matches the forecast provided by @ChristineB in the solution for all products except Produce.   Strange – most of the values are within 1 of the target so probably a rounding error, but some are quite far off. 
- Also – the predicated sales for a few products are negative (both in the provided solution and in mine) – that should be interesting to see!
Based on bad advice from a lizard in a forestBased on bad advice from a lizard in a forest