Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #93: Pumpkin Production

Oren_Soloman
8 - Asteroid

My solution submission

balajilolla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

balajilolla_0-1591623917285.png

wincenzo
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
wincenzo_0-1591630309062.png

hamza_khan
7 - Meteor

Several joins later. 

kmuralid57
7 - Meteor

Solved.

DemandEngineer
8 - Asteroid

I'm not as fast a pulling these workflows together but I created an alternate solution that I think is a little more readable IMHO.  Hope others might agree.

brig
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
image.png

Not one of my favourites either. The way the question was asked confused me, worked it out from the output itself. 

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Can anyone help me understand why I cannot use the Summarize tool to pull the State and Min Pumpkin Numbers for each year? I have been fumbling around with this for quite a while.

And why is there no way to include the State column information without it sorting by state? Why so complicated? I just want the min value per year without dropping the relevant state information. Halp! Thank you!

mohitch
7 - Meteor

Solution

treepruner
9 - Comet

I was able to match the solution up to the last 2 columns, then I'm stumped.

The 'Max Average State Production' number is the same for the entire column, but the 'Min Average State Production' doesn't work the same way. I still don't understand the definition of the 'Min Average State Production', even after looking at the solution!!!! 

I have a completely different approach than the solution, which doesn't help in resolving the problem. Any kind souls who can explain what the 'Min Average State Production'  is?