Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #93: Pumpkin Production

Oren_Soloman
8 - Asteroid

My solution submission

balajilolla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

balajilolla_0-1591623917285.png

wincenzo
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
wincenzo_0-1591630309062.png

hamza_khan
7 - Meteor

Several joins later. 

kmuralid57
7 - Meteor

Solved.

DemandEngineer
8 - Asteroid

I'm not as fast a pulling these workflows together but I created an alternate solution that I think is a little more readable IMHO.  Hope others might agree.

brig
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
image.png

Not one of my favourites either. The way the question was asked confused me, worked it out from the output itself. 

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Can anyone help me understand why I cannot use the Summarize tool to pull the State and Min Pumpkin Numbers for each year? I have been fumbling around with this for quite a while.

And why is there no way to include the State column information without it sorting by state? Why so complicated? I just want the min value per year without dropping the relevant state information. Halp! Thank you!

mohitch
7 - Meteor

Solution

treepruner
9 - Comet

I was able to match the solution up to the last 2 columns, then I'm stumped.

The 'Max Average State Production' number is the same for the entire column, but the 'Min Average State Production' doesn't work the same way. I still don't understand the definition of the 'Min Average State Production', even after looking at the solution!!!! 

I have a completely different approach than the solution, which doesn't help in resolving the problem. Any kind souls who can explain what the 'Min Average State Production'  is?