Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #91: Getting into the Weeds

MichaelPilotFreight
8 - Asteroid

Check out my solution!

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Here is my solution!

Spoiler
Maskell_Rascal_0-1632256404698.png

Cheers!

Phil

jonathanwillis
8 - Asteroid

Formatting is hard

Chantelb
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Chantelb_0-1634784598200.png

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

This one took a bit to understand the assumptions made for the specific outputs such as 2011 data was included in the 2012 data, that the max ranges were used per year, second identified weed ranges were not included, and that the chart took the higher part of the range for coverage value. I did get to use a new tool, the multi-field formula tool, and I will say I might be using this tool more frequently!!

Hub119
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

Maxine
8 - Asteroid

My solution to Challenge 91

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Learned a few things about the reporting and interface tools from this.

Spoiler
IraWatt_1-1641404021706.png

fvojtesek
8 - Asteroid

My solution is a little different.  I calculated the percentage that a route was covered by:

(1) using the upper bound of each coverage range as the percent cover;

(2) calculating the amount of each road segment covered using this percentage (road length * percent covered);

(2) summing up these amounts for each route and dividing by the total length of the route.

When searching by weed, I generated a map with the a color-coded ramp to indicate the average weed coverage along each route for each of the years 2012, 2013, 2014.  

Other than this, the solution is mostly the same as the provided solution.

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
91.png

Learnt how to switch off containers, didn't know you can do that.

Chart formatting is always the hard part.