We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!Submit Feedback
Whew, this one was a doozy! I got some good practice on interface tools and reporting tools!
I did a few things differently than the solution in prepping the data:
* I wasn't sure how to summarize the data, since there were multiple records per route and weed type. I tried looking around the CDOT website, but couldn't get a detailed explanation of the fields. I summarized by route and weed two ways:
1) max coverage across the route -- OR --
2) weighted average coverage using the coverage upper bound and length of road (for example, if the total route is 10 miles,and 2 miles had 0-20% coverage and 8 miles had 20-40% coverage, then the weighted average would be (2 * 20% + 8 * 40%) / 10 = 36% weighted coverage)
I spent too much time figuring out that I can't build that side-by-side bar graph in Alteryx. Unless anyone figured out how to do it, I will stick with Tableau for visualisations. At least, I tried to batch build line charts (more suitable in my opinion) and the percentages are from centered values from within the ranges.
Here's my take