Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #90: Analyzing Social Data (Part 2)

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Looks like people give up on the hashtag business a few days into the conference. Tableau workbook attached.

challenge_90 - Snip.PNG

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Finally got round to doing this one]

Weekly Challenge 90 Output.png

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Tableau dashboard from last week attached - I may not know exactly what makes a compelling viz for this type of data - but it was fun to put together!  Zipped because the site doesn't like .twbx file format.

samN
10 - Fireball

nothing fancy

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my viz, focusing on the #GlobalGoals hashtag.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 17.42.38.png
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.

Natasha
9 - Comet

I also was curious about the tweet / retweet development overtime. In general the ratio of tweets and retweets is about the same. There are some interesting outliers however. For example #sdginnovation has only five original tweets, but it was retweeted more than 300 times! 

I also spend a bit more time in Tableau than originally planned. Below is the link to the dashboard and a screenshot

https://public.tableau.com/shared/5M7K2Q5PQ?:display_count=yes 

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 15.48.13.png

kcgreen
8 - Asteroid

I created a word cloud around "We" statements in Power BI to see what was being tweeted and retweeted on behalf of the collective "We."  I thought it was fascinating to see all these statements and to see which ones resonated more based on how often it was tweeted or retweeted. 

In this dataset, the most recurring "We" phrase was "We must do more."   That seemed like an appropriate sentiment to get the most support.  

I loved challenges #89 and #90.  They were tons of fun

90.JPG

Elena_Caric
8 - Asteroid

My viz is out on Tableau Public:  Go to Tableau Public to see the viz

ANALYSING TWEETS AND HASHTAGS.jpg

Elena_Caric
8 - Asteroid

ANALYSING TWEETS AND HASHTAGS.jpg