Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #90: Analyzing Social Data (Part 2)

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I made some adjustments to last week's output by adding some titles, an image and just some other cleanup. I also added an output report so I can send it to others.

Spoiler
Challenge 90.PNG
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution - added some interactive charting to last weeks workflow.

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Feels a bit like cheating but here's the chart I built for the previous challenge.

Spoiler
challenge_89_chart.png
dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Sentiment analysis in the python tool with nltp, then visualized in Tableau. Link to tableau public.

dashie.png

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Challenge 90.PNG

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I have virtually no experience with Tableau so I took this chance to learn something about it. I tried a word cloud colored by number of unique user and sized by number of tweets. I did find one interesting thing that there were a number of topics that attracted a large number of casually interested users (one or two mentions of the topic by each user). There were a few that didn't attract a lot of users but they tended to tweet about it a lot more. challenge_90_TonyA.png 

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Looked at tweets and retweets per hour across the different hashtag searches

Spoiler
Challenge 90.png
KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

Spoiler
13-09-2019 08-45-55.png
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Here we go:

Spoiler
A few hastags seem to differ from the others based on the number of unique tweets and the number of retweets (and the ratio)A few hastags seem to differ from the others based on the number of unique tweets and the number of retweets (and the ratio)Those few hashtags don't seem to stick for very long as the nuber of retweets tends to plateau within a few days and the amount of unique tweets declines rapidly as wellThose few hashtags don't seem to stick for very long as the nuber of retweets tends to plateau within a few days and the amount of unique tweets declines rapidly as well

My workflow in Alteryx:

Spoiler
90.png
Inactive User
Not applicable