Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #9: Analytics Ranking

MichaelStaig
7 - Meteor

Better late than never

Spoiler
challenge_9_photo.JPG
mcarson1222
5 - Atom

Posting my first solution to a weekly challenge!

Spoiler
Spoiler:

I used the multi-row formula tool to accomplish this after sorting count desc. By checking 'Leave Unsorted' on the multi-row formula tool, the ranking was done on the descending order I had done previously rather than the default.Spoiler.JPG
lavanyadurai
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Challenge9.PNG

mcultrera
8 - Asteroid

Similar to the posted solution except I utilized the unique tool instead of summary.

I also went ahead and created an alternate ranking where a proceeding tie doesn't bump you up.  (If there were two people tied for first then the third person is ranked 3 instead of 2). I did this by utilizing a record ID to bump it up against and take the max.

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

A nice quick one 🙂

Spoiler
Challenge9-KA.PNG
DavidW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Spoiler
Screenshot.png
David Wilcox
Senior Software Engineer
Alteryx
Hitch
8 - Asteroid

Here's my attempt

mpennington
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

Spoiler
Challenge 9 MP.png
Kale_Malcom
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Based on the instructions I thought the result should actually be different in this challenge.  In a round of golf if there are 2 players tied for 1st the player with the next best score is then in 3rd.  I solved the ranking that way initially, but now have adjusted the multi-row formula to get the same result as the example.

wk_9_Snapshot.PNG

DataG8
8 - Asteroid

A few minutes longer than I would have liked it to take.

Spoiler
Spoiler.PNG