community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #9: Analytics Ranking

Alteryx Certified Partner

Went with my favourite multi-row formula as well

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 22.10.05.png

Hello forum,

My ranking solution varies quite a bit to the proposed solution; I have used fewer tools and no join or summarise. I prefer to work with formulae however a rank tool would have made life much easier!

Lucie

Asteroid

I used two different approaches to creating the ranking system; the first way is the tile tool, and the second way is the multirow tool. Which one do you like best?

Highlighted
Atom

I noticed many similar methods! I'm still getting used to the multi-row formula tool, but I eventually got it to work. :) 

Spoiler
Capture2.PNG

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

A similar solution to the answer compared to some of the other suggestions... Lots of options on this one!

I have to echo Sean Adams on this one! Same solution as @Rachel_Burge, but seems @mceleavey has the right idea with the tile tool. We live and learn...

Asteroid

Rank got me a bit but solved it using multi-row tool. 

Spoiler
challenge9.PNG
Meteoroid

My method was a little longer than the thread solution, but it works :)