Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #9: Analytics Ranking

MichaelStaig
7 - Meteor

Better late than never

Spoiler
challenge_9_photo.JPG
mcarson1222
5 - Atom

Posting my first solution to a weekly challenge!

Spoiler
Spoiler:

I used the multi-row formula tool to accomplish this after sorting count desc. By checking 'Leave Unsorted' on the multi-row formula tool, the ranking was done on the descending order I had done previously rather than the default.Spoiler.JPG
lavanyadurai
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Challenge9.PNG

mcultrera
8 - Asteroid

Similar to the posted solution except I utilized the unique tool instead of summary.

I also went ahead and created an alternate ranking where a proceeding tie doesn't bump you up.  (If there were two people tied for first then the third person is ranked 3 instead of 2). I did this by utilizing a record ID to bump it up against and take the max.

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

A nice quick one 🙂

Spoiler
Challenge9-KA.PNG
DavidW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Spoiler
Screenshot.png
David Wilcox
Senior Software Engineer
Alteryx
Hitch
8 - Asteroid

Here's my attempt

mpennington
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

Spoiler
Challenge 9 MP.png
Kale_Malcom
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Based on the instructions I thought the result should actually be different in this challenge.  In a round of golf if there are 2 players tied for 1st the player with the next best score is then in 3rd.  I solved the ranking that way initially, but now have adjusted the multi-row formula to get the same result as the example.

wk_9_Snapshot.PNG

DataG8
8 - Asteroid

A few minutes longer than I would have liked it to take.

Spoiler
Spoiler.PNG