community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #9: Analytics Ranking

Hi All,

My solution is different from the solution provided and it takes few steps than the solution

Atom

Challenge9.PNG

Alteryx Partner

Just completed my first challenge.

Asteroid

Asteroid

Alteryx PoW 9.PNGCan anyone explain the following: when I add a multi row formula for a rank column and group by "count" it always starts from the lowest count number, even when I  put a sort tool to have count in descending order (i.e. I was attempting to have "17" be at the top of the data set, and all names with 17 to be ranked "1" but could not achieve this with simply grouping by count and trying to sort by descending)? Thanks!

Alteryx Partner

My Solution.

Alteryx Partner

I tried to add in a rank column without splitting the input in 2 directions, which I struggled with. Splitting them was much easier, who knew?!

Spoiler
Challenge #9 Workflow Solution.PNG
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Easier than #8... hmmm 

Spoiler
AChallenge9.PNG
Spoiler
SpolierChallenge 9 snippet.PNG
Alteryx Partner

check out my solution:

Spoiler