Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #89: Analyzing Social Data

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Challenge 89 is done and ready to take into Tableau!

Spoiler
challenge 89 JMS solution.PNG
JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

I was interested in doing some word analysis and see what words kept coming up for the different hasthags. I started by cleaning up the tweets, removing duplicates and removing any words that had an @ or # sign preceeding it as I didn't want to look at tagged users and hashtag words. I split up the tweets on each word to find the recurring words and themes and then built a simple chart in Tableau that shows the top 10 words for each file based on how many times tweets containing the word was retweeted. This could do with more work but I thought it was an interesting way to get a gist of what people were talking about.

Spoiler

challenge_89.PNG

challenge_89_chart.png

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

just some basic cleanup

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I kept it simple. Adjusted data types, created frequency lists for words and hashtags. Still not sure where I'm going with this...

DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

My solution, did a little data cleanup and explored network relationships between tweets and replies:

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
Challenge 89.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I performed sentiment analysis but the workflow seems a bit broken... I think I will discontinue this challenge as I can only limit the stream to tiny amounts of data that I can process

Spoiler
89.png

I stopped the workflow after well over an hour as I could no longer work with this data. My intention was to show the least positive subject (hashtag) and the most positive user (ID) in more detail, but that seems too difficult for this tool to do, unfortunately
mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Look who's in the Top 10 of Total Tweets with these hash tagsLook who's in the Top 10 of Total Tweets with these hash tags

Very interesting that the user 'Nili Majumder', who had the most 'User Total Tweets' has ballooned his tweets since 2017.  He's up to almost up to one million tweets (848k as of 7/30/2019).  Who has time to write that many tweets?  His account exemplifies bot behavior posting ~1,000 tweets/day since 2017.

CliffordC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Made a wildcard for the CSVs, then ran some basic analytics on each hashtag. Cool challenge!

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I like how this challenge is open ended! Here is my data prep part of the challenge:

Spoiler
Capture.JPG