Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #89: Analyzing Social Data

ReconBen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 89.JPG

KeithZ
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
KeithZ_0-1586696151310.png

Read from directory rather than individual CSVs. Got top tweet based on # retweets for each file. Converted date/time.

JeremyGonzva
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Went for cleaning up the data and preparing it for analysis of top 10 hashtags within the gathered data. 

Spoiler
image.png
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Sharing my solution.

I had some fun with the reporting tools. Please check second spoiler to see my output.

Spoiler
Challenge_89_Emil_Kos.PNG
Spoiler
Challenge_89_Emil_Kos_Reports.PNG

deviseetharaman
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Trying to get the count of tweets with hashtag UNGA for a week
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

challenge #89 solved  

Spoiler
Annotation 2020-05-30 093918.png
Verakso
11 - Bolide

I finally made it!

This challenge has been sitting with me for a while, since all the other challenges has a fixed output, this one was like starring at a blank canvas.

So my workflow is rather messy, but I used Alteryx to do the preliminary data analysis, to see which data needed to be adjusted/fixed.

Then I used Tableau as my choice for visualize the data, since I am more used to Tableau, than the Alteryx reporting capabilities.

Once the data was in Tableau, I could see, that I had to go back and fix some further data (like the users do change there username and/or screen name), but I would think these kind of iterations is quite normal

Spoiler
As I mentioned, my workflow is a bit messy, but this is how it ended out
My WorkflowMy Workflow
The Tableau result can bee seen on Tableau Public:
https://public.tableau.com/views/Challenge89AnalyzingSocialData/Dashboard1?:language=en&:display_cou...

And ended up looking like this:

Some interesting observations, most top tweeters does not produce new tweets, but is mostly just re-tweeting, except for Adam Rogers, who in that time frame tweeted 146 times, but only re-tweeted 26 times

Still Climbing
/Verakso

Chayvarma
5 - Atom

My solution

Chayvarma_1-1596254148121.png