We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!Submit Feedback
A solution to last week's Challenge has been posted HERE!
This week’s Challenge is a bit different from the norm. This week, you’ll pick your own Challenge!
We’ve gathered a week’s worth of Twitter data using 10 different hashtags that relate to the most recent meeting of the United Nations General Assembly. This meeting brought world leaders and diplomats together to discuss a variety of humanitarian concerns which, as you can imagine, generated engagement across social media networks like Twitter. For this challenge, we collected the most recent data on #hashtags related to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
We’re curious to see what kinds of insights you, the Alteryx Community, derive from the datasets. Is your Challenge simply to cleanse and organize the data? Awesome! Is your Challenge to apply your knowledge of social media analysis to this dataset? Great! Is your Challenge to create an app to allow an end user to pull the relevant tweets by date or keyword? That’s fantastic! We’re excited to see how you Challenge yourself this week.
As a heads up: this week’s Challenge is only the beginning of our data mining adventure! This week, your Challenge is to prepare your data in any way, shape or form for next week’s Challenge: visualizing the data in a platform of your choice (Tableau, Alteryx, Plotly, GIF, etc). We look forward to seeing your data manipulation prowess on display this week, and your creative ways to visualize data the next week!
When you're ready, share your unique "solution" by posting your workflow and describing what your next steps will be for visually displaying your findings.
The attached package has .yxdb files that were generated for the same keywords using the Alteryx Twitter Search app from the Gallery at https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Twitter-Search/574db168a248970bdc36d527
The downside is the attached data files are from a different time frame, since the free API only searches 7 days back. The upside is no data loss issues in the ID or Unicode text.
Did some very simple data cleansing, and then used Tableau to look for patterns in the data.
Focussed on tweets over time (time of day, and retweets over time); and on the hashtags that got to the most followers
I went for the "sustainability is a form of artistic expression" route, and channeled King Triton in my workflow design (although lets be honest, Ariel was really the one with the penchant for reducing-reusing-recycling with her stash of treasure...). At any rate, after a little data cleanup I prepared a few branches illustrating the type of insights I expect to include in Weekly Challenge #90, but also sent the results to a .yxdb file for easy visualizing next week. Thanks for starting us on such an interesting challenge, @ChristineB - fun to be a little more creative this week!