cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Welcome to Alteryx Academy! We hope you enjoy the journey. Let us know how we can improve your learning experience by completing this survey.
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.

Challenge #89: Analyzing Social Data

Highlighted
BarnesK
Bolide
Spoiler
I looked at which hashtag was used the most, which day had the most hashtags, and which person used the most hashtags.

challenge 89.PNG
Simona
Alteryx Certified Partner

I might have missed some cleansing with this, but I guess I will realise it better when I will plug the data into Tableau - most likely tomorrow :)

I think it is an interesting challenge as at least myself I did not deal often with social data and they indeed have a peculiar structure!

Below my solution, I think I got them ready to visualise and analyse :)

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
First observation, I wonder why I did not just use 1 input tool, I guess I was lazy ahah. :) I used regex for a couple of columns (hashtag and tweet) to remove some bad characters, removed null/ empty hashtags and also made sure to tag including the filename in each input so that I could know at the end where each row was coming from. I ended up grouping on some fields I think I will be interested to analyse.