We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.
The Alteryx Community will be temporarily unavailable for a time due to scheduled maintenance on Thursday, April 22nd. Please plan accordingly.

Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback

Challenge #89: Analyzing Social Data

binuacs
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
binuacs_0-1613377834076.png

TheOC
11 - Bolide

I had some fun finding which hashtags had the most 'potty mouths'! Fair warning, both the workflow, and the data contain a lot of swears! I would definitely not recommend downloading unless you're okay with that.

Spoiler
TheOC_0-1613953072010.png

Turns out the globalpeoplesummit hashtag gets the most heated, although given the size of the data I would give that badge to UNGA_

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Spoiler
89.JPG

Luke_C
12 - Quasar

attaching some solutions

skumar_31
8 - Asteroid

My Solution.

Spoiler
ch89.PNG
rcarog
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

mpennington
10 - Fireball

My initial approach was to parse and clean hashtags and dates. I also took the top 200 locations. Data was very noisy, but it was doable to manually add regions to the top 200 locations. Not precise, but as good as can be expected with user created location data. 

Spoiler
MP 89.jpg