Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #89: Analyzing Social Data

ReconBen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 89.JPG

KeithZ
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
KeithZ_0-1586696151310.png

Read from directory rather than individual CSVs. Got top tweet based on # retweets for each file. Converted date/time.

JeremyGonzva
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Went for cleaning up the data and preparing it for analysis of top 10 hashtags within the gathered data. 

Spoiler
image.png
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Sharing my solution.

I had some fun with the reporting tools. Please check second spoiler to see my output.

Spoiler
Challenge_89_Emil_Kos.PNG
Spoiler
Challenge_89_Emil_Kos_Reports.PNG

deviseetharaman
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Trying to get the count of tweets with hashtag UNGA for a week
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

challenge #89 solved  

Spoiler
Annotation 2020-05-30 093918.png
Verakso
11 - Bolide

I finally made it!

This challenge has been sitting with me for a while, since all the other challenges has a fixed output, this one was like starring at a blank canvas.

So my workflow is rather messy, but I used Alteryx to do the preliminary data analysis, to see which data needed to be adjusted/fixed.

Then I used Tableau as my choice for visualize the data, since I am more used to Tableau, than the Alteryx reporting capabilities.

Once the data was in Tableau, I could see, that I had to go back and fix some further data (like the users do change there username and/or screen name), but I would think these kind of iterations is quite normal

Spoiler
As I mentioned, my workflow is a bit messy, but this is how it ended out
My WorkflowMy Workflow
The Tableau result can bee seen on Tableau Public:
https://public.tableau.com/views/Challenge89AnalyzingSocialData/Dashboard1?:language=en&:display_cou...

And ended up looking like this:

Some interesting observations, most top tweeters does not produce new tweets, but is mostly just re-tweeting, except for Adam Rogers, who in that time frame tweeted 146 times, but only re-tweeted 26 times

Still Climbing
/Verakso

Chayvarma
5 - Atom

My solution

Chayvarma_1-1596254148121.png