community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #88: Counting Combinations

Quasar

Solution:

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

I tried two methods:

One is Find and Replace with values as IDs to Items

Other is direct string CountDistinct approach

Happy Practice :)
2019-01-24 (3).png

Alteryx Partner

My solution

Spoiler
88.png

Asteroid

My solution with 4 tools plus in/out:

Spoiler
088EW.PNG
Meteor

Realized I did not need to sort out empty values as they filtered out down the workflow. 

Asteroid

another one completed

Alteryx Certified Partner

Nice challenge. and here is my solution.

Spoiler
I did get the same result, but I can see that I could have minimized it furter by doing a Count Distinct last instead of a normal count in the distinct data, but well..

2019-02-20 15_53_01-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_88_solution_verakso.yxmd.png

Still Climbing

/Thomas

Bolide

Definitely misinterpreted this problem at first and thought I was going to need a macro to find all the combinations possible and count how many times they happened. So glad the result is included or I would have been spinning my wheels for hours.

Spoiler
Challenge 88.PNG
Asteroid

A fun challenge

Alteryx Partner

I've attached my solution!