Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #88: Counting Combinations

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution!

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge88.JPG
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Originally I thought this was a Market Basket excercise, so if I bought Milk, what else was purchased with Milk...then I realised how stupid I was and re-worked my workflow! @ChristineB Market basket would be a good challenge one week

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 88.PNG

ChristineB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great idea, @LordNeilLord!  In fact, @Joe_Mako had that same thought and his solution to this week's Challenge explores some possibilities with the Market Basket tools.  If you have some ideas as to what a challenge might look like for MB Analysis,  I'm open to all/any suggestions! 

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution.

Spoiler
challenge-88.png
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Deleting a duplicate post

JonM
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
88_CountingCombinations.JPG
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Good fun & quick challenge 

Spoiler

2017-10-11_11-57-11.png

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Good fun & quick challenge 

Spoiler

2017-10-11_11-57-11.png

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Late in the game answering this challenge. My solution isn't unique. Fun, simple challenge, and great to learn that the concatenate function of the summarize tool ignores the Nulls!

Spoiler
Spoiler

The first summarize tool concatenates the items (in alpha order). The second counts the unique strings from the first.

image.png
stubartmess
6 - Meteoroid

A bit late to the game, but this is a fun first challenge. I look forward to trying many more in the future!