Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #87: Losing Daylight

amcollen
7 - Meteor

I learned a lot doing this challenge. I was looking for a creative way to do the math without using the multi-row formula tool, but gave up after a bit. I will look at other solutions now to learn more.

mhou
8 - Asteroid

🙂

meetpuru
8 - Asteroid

Is there a function to convert hh:mm am/pm to 24 hr format? only time no date in there?

Vikash_kumar
8 - Asteroid

Mine is little cumbersome, It can be much shorter and concise. 

Learned how to divide one flow into two to make room for Union Tool to add two rows.

Good Learning. 

Oren_Soloman
8 - Asteroid

My Submission

jiteshthegenius
7 - Meteor

SPOILER

jiteshthegenius_0-1591505263970.png

wincenzo
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
wincenzo_0-1591601463466.png

Tberney
8 - Asteroid

I added a separate WF for Houston in June 2020. The web site has some interesting astronomy around this, but two observations:

• Sunrises are at similar times in Dec and June in Houston. It's the sunsets that are different. Daylight Savings Time.
  • The daily deltas are much smaller. I'm not sure if that's because of the lattitude (my best guess) or some difference I don't understand about the geometry of winter vs. summer solstice. I do know that the overall change in day length over the seasons is much less here in the South than up North

Tberney_0-1591730880892.png

AnnaMikhaylova
8 - Asteroid

For a novice like me a very educational challenge. Came across a lot of issues in what seemed at first as a pretty standard tools, which was great practice for understanding how to work around them. And I found out about a new tool (Yay!!!). Thank you @ChristineB for this challenge!

Might be not the most elegant solution (novice here, just trying to get from point A to point B any way I can), but here it is:

Nicholas_Norton
8 - Asteroid

It's ugly, but I'm proud 🙂

Spoiler
snaps56_0-1591841836970.png