Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #87: Losing Daylight

edavilac
8 - Asteroid

Sharing my solution, thanks for the challenge!

Spoiler
Challenge_87_edavilac.PNG
NaiLo
8 - Asteroid

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Sharing my solution.

Spoiler
Challenge_87_Emil_Kos.png
balajilolla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

balajilolla_0-1590155383544.png

izamryan
8 - Asteroid

RegEx is your friend, as is also DateTimeParse()

Spoiler

izamryan_0-1590169063036.png

For this one I used two inline RegEx tools:
(\d:\d{2}.\w{2})
this slices out the stamp WITH the AM/PM.

I then used a Formula tool to convert the string into DateTime format so we can do calculations
DateTimeParse([Sunrise_time],"%I:%M %p")
the %p takes care of the AM/PM and
DateTimeDiff([Sunset_time],[Sunrise_time],"minutes")
takes care of the calculation of minutes, without necessitating complex logic to account for the 24-hour clock

Calculating the delta between the days seems a bit unintuitive, so I forced it with this inline IF:
iif([Row-1:Day Length (minutes)]-[Day Length (minutes)]>0,([Row-1:Day Length (minutes)]-[Day Length (minutes)])*-1,null())

I then used a Summary tool, Text Input tool and an Append Fields tool to mash up the last row to show the total difference over the whole month.

Overall it feels a little clumsy, especially the multi-row formula. But I approximated the solution (albeit I left mine with extraneous zero's or the seconds!)
deepaksaldanha
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for this stimulation exercise. Attached herein solution using the summarize tool.

deviseetharaman
11 - Bolide
Spoiler

htrivedi123
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached. In comparison to others I have similar steps except at the end I have used ABSOLUTE values vs -ve variance. 

this was fun!!

ALexAn
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Alteryx.PNG

Allemar
7 - Meteor

my solution