community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #86: Create a Macro that Generates Past Dates

Alteryx Certified Partner

Blimey, well the workflow was eeeeasy but trying to get the action to update the filter tool was a terrible swine. I had to actually research how to do it! Thanks to @SeanAdams for his tool mastery posts

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 86.png

Here's my solution. Macros are my nemesis, so this was good practice.

Spoiler
challenge_86.png
Nebula
Nebula

Ended up with a very similar solution to many others, but after having seen some of the solutions posted, I'm gonna go back and do this again using different tools

Spoiler

2017-10-11_10-52-59.png

Alteryx Partner

solution attached :)

Asteroid

Solution attached.

Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_86 - Snip.PNG
Meteoroid

So I'm new to Alteryx and this is the first challenge I've responded to. It looks like everyone who has shared an image of their macro has used the generate rows tool, but I used the R tool, so I thought I'd share my solution. 

Spoiler
challenge_86.PNG

Bolide
Bolide

Running it as an app helped me troubleshoot it.  First time using Detour/Detour End.

Fireball

Happy Little macro with all bonuses :)

Asteroid

First time posting a challenge answer. Hopefully I've done this right. 

Happy new year all.