community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #86: Create a Macro that Generates Past Dates

Director, Customer Enablement

Welcome @elamm43!

Alteryx Partner

Hi guys!!! This is my solution!!!

Spoiler
app1.PNGmacro1.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner

This is my first attempt at an Alteryx Weekly Challenge. Please find attached my two macros for the weekly challenge. I have completed both the bonus challenges as well.

File 1 Non Encrypted and File 2 which is encrypted

Asteroid

Attached packaged canvas with post solutions

Spoiler
C_86.PNG

Solution posted! After looking through this week's submissions, I found my solution to do two things that nobody else's did (albeit no more correct than anyone else's).  

1) For the first time in awhile, I used this as an opportunity to use an Action tool that did not serve as an intermediary to the workflow and an interface tool. It merely existed to generate today's date in my Text Input tool. 

2) I used the TS Filler tool. If you struggle with using generate rows, it's a nice easy tool to use.

Asteroid

Nice little challenge, have done something similar before but did not consider making it a Macro.

Pulsar
Pulsar

Welcome @elamm43!!

Meteor

Nice challenge

Spoiler
2017-10-04_14-19-02.jpg
Magnetar
Magnetar

@jdunkerley79

Spoiler
That Generate Rows formula is beautiful!  I didn't even think of skipping weekends directly in step 1.