community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #86: Create a Macro that Generates Past Dates

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

a good macro exercise!

Spoiler
ch86.png
Spoiler
03-06-_2019_18-15-51.png

Finally I found the right Generate Rows Initialization and Loop expressions ...

Alteryx Partner

This was good practice with the generate rows tool, and I learned about how workflow encryption works!

Spoiler
image.png
Alteryx Partner

Spoiler
86. Macros.PNG
Enjoy making macros! Nice challenge.
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

86 solved.png

Spoiler
86 macro.png

I forgot about the filtering possibility and don't feel like unpackaging another flow... It's getting a bit late right now (:

Whoops: just could not let go without finishing the bonus (-:

Spoiler
86 bonus.png
Alteryx Partner

Enjoyable exercise in Macros - finally starting to feel more comfortable with them. First time using both only user input and the detour tool, so good to know. 

Spoiler
w 86.PNG
Alteryx Partner