Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #86: Create a Macro that Generates Past Dates

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
challenge_86.png

Calendar icon from https://www.flaticon.com/free-icon/calendar_138780#term=calendar&page=1&position=40

EDIT: I seem to have solved this one TWICE. My tracking spreadsheet is clearly not as perfect as I thought.

kat
12 - Quasar

Thought my workflow was pretty cool, but then I saw other people be so much more efficient. At least I finally got to use detour - will be making much more use of that in future! But so much more efficient to just use the checkbox output in the filter... as well as having the date select go straight to the generate rows tool.

Spoiler
Challenge #86.PNG
Deb_dup_88
6 - Meteoroid

Can you please post the files in version 11?  My organization has not updated to 2018 yet.  

thank you,

tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
WC86Macro.PNG

Not exactly optimal, since I generate all dates then drop if the box is checked, but it works well enough for pretty large ranges of dates so I was satisfied.

Seemed fairly simple for a challenge tagged Advanced though.
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

The macro and the encrypted one

Spoiler
MacroMain

Dan

CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.