Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #84: Map Hurricane Harvey's Storm Evolution

karlynlarson
8 - Asteroid

my solution

DeanLewis
8 - Asteroid

It took some doing to join the lines together but I got there in the end.

Spoiler
DeanLewis_0-1648140255606.png

Thanks

rrahu07
8 - Asteroid

Hi Natasha, 

I am trying to learn the use Spatial tool. Can you please explain your reason behind using filter and formula tool? why did you filtered out tile number 1 and sequencenum 1? also, I am trying to understand the second formula you used. if you can explain it to me that will be very kind of you.

Rahat

mgaronson
11 - Bolide

I struggled big time with this one. I could not get the line segments connected. With some help, figured out that the 1st row of groups 2-10 had to be duplicated and added to previous group to make the lines connect. I did not agree with part of the solution as the Average Intensity was derived from the original data + the duplicated records. I did both - used Average Intensity from original dataset and Average Intensity from original + duplicated records which matched the solution.

Stacy
7 - Meteor

Like this challenge!!

scoles0617
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

Reposting under my new user ID.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

solution attached

Jeremy
8 - Asteroid

There must be a better way to make the lines connect.  This could be done with just a few tools if the lines would connect between segments.

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

Challenge #84