Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #84: Map Hurricane Harvey's Storm Evolution

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution :)

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution. The main challenge was to create a line without gaps, that also shows the segments - but finally managed it ...

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

My solution. It is easier with a standard macro

DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

My solution:

Spoiler
Uses tile tool to create rows that duplicate the first row of each segment (except #1), union the data back in, STCreateLines then summarise by segment, a spatial combine and create averages which match the output :)
nini
8 - Asteroid

My Solution:

princejindal
9 - Comet

Interesting case, thanks!

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

My solution. I don't do spatial in my regular work so this was a nice real-world ease in. Thanks!

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

I just checked your solution @ChristineB and I love the macro use! I used multi-rows to identify then duplicate the end/start points of each segment (posted above), but you made me think differently about how I could have approached this. Thanks!! :)

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This has so many practical applications! Awesome challenge! I was actually able to download Harvey data from NOAA and layered it onto sales performance which made a really cool page visualization on Tableau! 

Spoiler
Challenge 84.PNG
johnemery
11 - Bolide

Really fun challenge! I, like many other posters, at first solved this very quickly only to notice that the average intensity numbers weren't quite right. A little bit of elbow grease and a few extra tools and I had it.

Thanks for these challenges, they're making me much better with Alteryx than I would be otherwise.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG