Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #83: Pop-Tart and Beer Pairings

Edwin_dup_98
5 - Atom

Here is my solution.

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The solution is now posted!

vishalgupta
7 - Meteor

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Can't say I've ever had a pop tart (I don't particularly enjoy beer either!) but here's my solution.

Spoiler
Beer and Pop Tarts.PNG

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Another really fun one! I wanted to make a solution  that's as dynamic as possible, so it's easy to add in new beer and pop tart pairings

Spoiler
Separated the columns into 3 types, using dynamic selects
-stream 1 is for the key fields
-stream 2 is for the columns that were titled with the pairings. A transpose into a Regex parse separated the beer and pop tart name
-stream 3 is for the columns that listed beer, pop-tart, and score one after the other. Similar approach to stream 2 with a transpose, then cleaned up the "name" column to just have pop-tart/beer/score. Needed a new key field for each unique set within the transposed data (multi-row formula took care of that), and then cross-tabbed the data set back into proper columns.

image.png

a RecordID tool before splitting the streams made it easy to rejoin. 
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution! Should be dynamic for any number of beer & pop-tart combinations. Slight difference in results from posted solution because I removed any records that didn't have a score (some of the records had a pop-tart identified, for example, but no beer or score. I figured those were superfluous to any analysis that would be done on the results).

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge83.JPG
KatieA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Solution attached!

lminors
9 - Comet

Solution attached.

Spoiler
WC83solution.JPG

Luke - Keyrus UK

LordNeilLord