Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #83: Pop-Tart and Beer Pairings

Edwin_dup_98
5 - Atom

Here is my solution.

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The solution is now posted!

vishalgupta
7 - Meteor

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Can't say I've ever had a pop tart (I don't particularly enjoy beer either!) but here's my solution.

Spoiler
Beer and Pop Tarts.PNG

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Another really fun one! I wanted to make a solution  that's as dynamic as possible, so it's easy to add in new beer and pop tart pairings

Spoiler
Separated the columns into 3 types, using dynamic selects
-stream 1 is for the key fields
-stream 2 is for the columns that were titled with the pairings. A transpose into a Regex parse separated the beer and pop tart name
-stream 3 is for the columns that listed beer, pop-tart, and score one after the other. Similar approach to stream 2 with a transpose, then cleaned up the "name" column to just have pop-tart/beer/score. Needed a new key field for each unique set within the transposed data (multi-row formula took care of that), and then cross-tabbed the data set back into proper columns.

image.png

a RecordID tool before splitting the streams made it easy to rejoin. 
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution! Should be dynamic for any number of beer & pop-tart combinations. Slight difference in results from posted solution because I removed any records that didn't have a score (some of the records had a pop-tart identified, for example, but no beer or score. I figured those were superfluous to any analysis that would be done on the results).

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge83.JPG
KatieA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Solution attached!

lminors
9 - Comet

Solution attached.

Spoiler
WC83solution.JPG

Luke - Keyrus UK

LordNeilLord