Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #82: Are You in the Path of the Solar Eclipse?

ChuyVBabs
8 - Asteroid

Hey fellas, you know what I think?...Wanna hear what I think?...Hey Mo, lost my train of thought and forgot what I was gonna say!  Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck. 

Nicholas_Bignell
8 - Asteroid
johnemery
11 - Bolide

This was a fun challenge. I live in Wisconsin, about 400 miles north of the closest extent of the eclipse. When the eclipse actually occurred , however, I was in central Oregon to view totality in person

Spoiler
Workflow Capture.PNGMap Capture.PNG
mikeprice17
8 - Asteroid

US map link didn't work anymore but no worries there wasn't an excessive amount of points that it would have filtered.

LindaLo
8 - Asteroid

It is quite difficult for me... good challenge

JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC82.PNG

Tricky to workout exactly what was required

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

On a spree to binge complete weekly challenges
Adrenaline rush

Spoiler
This is my solution

atcodedog05_0-1585486009629.png

CKP
10 - Fireball

I've tried to pull together all of my Alteryx learning so far on this one. I don't live in the US so I've built an App that will (I hope) show you the distance to the eclipse from any US city. So all you need to see it now, is a half decent time machine.

Spoiler
challenge_82_mysolution.jpg
CR_Marland
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
solution 82.PNG
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Challenge #82 solved. In the attached screenshot I have created a polygon outlining the eclipse path, but despite the distance being correct at the end, I couldn't get whether that is from the northern, southern or central limit. 

Spoiler
Annotation 2020-05-30 112920.png