Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #81: Multi-Level Bill of Materials Problem

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Fun challenge, had to work through it in a few different ways before I got one to work. I plan to check to see how someone put together an iterative macro to do this.

Spoiler
Challenge 81.PNG
Alekh
9 - Comet

Spoiler
 81..png
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Having some real challenges wrapping my head around iterative macros. I finally got to something pretty close to the solution, but it was a long haul. Attached is my first attempt that actually worked although it uses a ridiculous number of tools. 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler

Realised that I forgot to add the actual solution - adding attachment now.

Gauthier_B
8 - Asteroid

Allowed me to revise my iterative macros, I had to peek into some spoilers to make it work that time.

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Thanks to @LordNeilLord I was enabled to finish this challenge.

Spoiler
81.png

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Struggled with this one, couldn't see the wood for the trees, so here's my over-engineered solution:

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflowBatch MacroBatch MacroIterative MacroIterative Macro
RobertoEstrada
8 - Asteroid

On this one I had to do a re-freshener on the iterative macros; I totally forgotten to set the proper properties on the Interface Designer.

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Approached this without the iterative macro that others seemed to have done. Might look at the macro approach as well to see the performance difference.

Spoiler
Challenge 81.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide