Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #81: Multi-Level Bill of Materials Problem

samN
10 - Fireball

I tried for too long to get a non iterative approach. Wasnt as complete as i would have liked so i gave in. 

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.

Natasha
9 - Comet

Took me quite a while to complete this challenge. I wanted to find a dynamic solution for any number of levels, and struggled to do it for more than 3 levels without an iterative macro. At the end I went for an iterative macro, which was a variation of a macro I did in challenge #12. 

I also checked other's non-iterative solutions with an altered input of up to 8 level of BoM and solutions by @patrick_digan and @EstherB47 handled that properly. Impressive! Definitely going to study them closely! 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 19.31.38.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-08 at 19.31.49.png

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

This one really puzzled me, so I worked through @estherb47's solution until it fell into place.

Spoiler
solution_81_JL.png
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

I definitely need more practice with iterative macros, but eventually figured it out! Pretty similar to the given solution.

justin_winter
8 - Asteroid

Here's my attempted solution. Interesting to see the different ways to pass in either the starting element or all data and then either filter within the iterative macro or filter beforehand. For some reason it makes more sense in my head to filter outside of the macro and have the data also in the macro. Maybe bad design (less dynamic), but it works in my head better for now!

daniel_ferreira
8 - Asteroid

Follow my solution package attached...

StevenBetts
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution :)

Spoiler
Challenge 81.jpg
JonM
8 - Asteroid

Having never worked in Manufacturing, this challenge was quite hard for me to get my head around, however I eventually figured out the trick! Thanks

Spoiler
Iteractive Macro!