community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #80: Slowly Changing Dimensions

Pulsar
Pulsar
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Seems to me it makes more sense to keep Bob in the list. If you take him out then if you query for a list of members  for any date between 2015-02-20 and 2017-08-07, your list would be incomplete. Also, how do we know from the data that Bob was dropped from the roster -- he might be in the same state Richard was before the updates. His end date was recorded, but his new status hasn't been added yet. Anyway, here's my solution. 

Asteroid

Spoiler
 80.png
Asteroid

My solution attached.

Asteroid

Solution attached.

Spoiler
30-04-2019 08-49-25.png
Asteroid

shouldn't there be an end date for Bob?

my solution attached

Comet

My solution

Spoiler
Workflow 80.GIF

Alteryx Partner

Starting the week with a challenge!

Spoiler
Challenge 80 Solution.PNG
Alteryx Partner

Not sure my answer is particularly elegant

Spoiler
Challenge 80.PNG
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
union old and new, sort, multirow, formula, and use a summarize on the flags with a filter and join to keep only jedi folk

Spoiler
80.png