community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #80: Slowly Changing Dimensions

Fireball

The dark side seduces another soul.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Here's my solution.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 14.39.50.png
Quasar

Solution attached.

Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

Challenge Completed

Meteor

Hello All,

I'm submitting my solution for implementing SCD-2. Please refer the attached  diagram below. I'm doing a equi join on the Stage and target table. For the first time load, I'm taking the left outer dataset and inserting into the target. Then I'm using MD5 function to generate a checksum for all the qualifying columns on stage and target table. If the records match then using the Checksum of stage and target , Upsert is decided.

SCD_Logic.PNG

Alteryx Partner

Super fun problem.

Love the odd joins

Got there in the end. Dealing with Bob was the main hurdle. 

Not sure how well this would work with removing other records such as Bob.

Spoiler
challenge80solutionMPannuzzo.png

Asteroid

Yikes - I definitely could have done this more efficiently!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

Got it!