Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

Data_User88
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution - 

Will_Condon
7 - Meteor

Similar approach to the solution used.

Will_Condon_0-1597854012917.png

fimler
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

david14
8 - Asteroid

My solution is similar to others. The key thing I did was summarizing the data after the join operation with grouping by TicketID and Type and counting each type. I then created a crosstab (keeping the group by TicketID) and summing each type (it doesn't change any of the data) to create a single row for each TicketID. Using the logic in problem, I used a conditional formula that checked if the critical meal types were greater than 0 in count. If criteria met, 1, else 0. Then all that was left was summarizing to get the potential meal deals and total, followed by formula tool to calculate percentage.

I was unsure at first if nulls would create errors in the conditional formula. I split this part in two at first to see if there would be a difference between leaving nulls or using a multi-field formula to replace nulls with zero. Both methods matched results with target.

gregchristensen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 8.png
Haris_Hasan
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Capture.JPG
rahofnouse
7 - Meteor

Slightly different approach

rogshih
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
rogshih_0-1598140866604.png

I got tripped up by trying to use FindString instead of Contains in the first Formula. For some reason, it returned all TRUE for the expression.

DataHabanero
9 - Comet

Delivering my solution, I think the time range definition in the excercise description is definitely misleading, but the comments helped me get through.

MKteryx
8 - Asteroid

Challenge 8 completed