community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

Alteryx Certified Partner

Similar to the majority of the other solutions

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 21.25.20.png
Asteroid

That was enjoyable.

Highlighted
Atom

I had fewer steps than it seems most people had in their solutions, but I think it still works!

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

Agree with others, the filter date is a bit confusing, I was filtering from 01/06/2013 but as others have pointed out the result is filtered from 01/71/2013.

Here's my workflow.

Spoiler
Workflow.PNG

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

Solution attached. 

Meteoroid
Spoiler
Spoiler
Meteor

Another fun challenge.

I thought it might be interesting to not only point out the number of total tickets that would qualify as a "meal deal" but to point out how many qualified for "pizza OR burger" and "side AND drink", too. Turns out almost every ticket starting July 1, 2013 on had a pizza or burger and about 71% had a side AND drink. I agree that the wording of the challenge was a bit, er, challenging, as I had the solution first as >= June 1, 2013, which increased overall potential meal deal tickets by 0.2%.

Here's my solution ...

Spoiler
2017-10-08_16-28-31.jpg
Meteor
Spoiler
image.png