Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

sf3
7 - Meteor

My solution

TKSnider
8 - Asteroid

I enjoyed this challenge since working with Retail Data is part of my normal activities.

Jonny
11 - Bolide

My Solution!

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution!

mattjacobs
6 - Meteoroid

I definitely had a different solution than the posted one, but all works the same.

John2112P
6 - Meteoroid

Good challenge, took me too long though!

Mario36
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution. Tricky but very easy if you are familiar with the Formula Tool and Summarize Tool

euanwilson
8 - Asteroid

3rd challenge complete. 

Spoiler
Initially used a join to combine the Point of Sale and Lookup Table before adding a filter to exclude dates recording transactions before 01/07/2013. Then used the summarize tool to sum the total transactions from the 1st of July. Cross tab was then used to group the transactions by TicketID and to display what each ticket entailed. Data cleansing used to turn the [Null] records into being displayed as 0's. Then used the formula tool to write a basic equation to calculate the number of deals before using summarize to total the number of potential deals. Final step was to use a formula to calculate the percentage of transactions that are potential deals.

Work flow.PNGResults.PNG
bam
7 - Meteor

youngk313
8 - Asteroid

Here is the solution with the Browse icons removed. Used string functions and boolean logic to simplify the problem.