Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

mihir_sampat
7 - Meteor

It was a very challenging problem. The solution seemed so unintuitive because of the custom input to took me a while to find the solution.

Spoiler
Challenge 8 solution.PNG

Annoushka
7 - Meteor

The results of my solution are different because I assumed that the statement 'Pizza OR Burger along with a Side and Drink' means that there should be counted only 2 types of tickets including Pizza, Side and Drink (1) or Burger, Side and Drink (2), meaning that those tickets that include both pizza and burger should not be taken in consideration. Also, I thought that 'since June 2013' should include June, but to be closer to the results provided in output, I excluded this month in the filter. 

Anyway, thanks for the challenge, it was interesting!

jsenk
7 - Meteor

Solution

Cndro_Consulting
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Cndro_Consulting_0-1595451357686.png

VizChic
11 - Bolide

@Annoushka - I really like how you've explained your solution, and why you've chosen a different answer 🙂

dmhatchell
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
dmhatchell_0-1595686075961.png

Dante_Healy
6 - Meteoroid

A little tricky - I got confused with ticket count versus sales values. 😞   However, I'm glad I got to the answer in the end!  🙂 

Marc_Schmitz
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution

DemandEngineer
8 - Asteroid

Please please please... update the text in the actual Designer files... this drove me crazy for a couple days.  Then I came back to the forum and realized the date should be changed (ignoring what's in the Alteryx file... 

Per
11 - Bolide

Another one down