community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

Alteryx
Alteryx

Solution attached.

Asteroid

For data joining I like to use the "FindReplace" tool where you can use "append" instead of "replace" to match 2 data sources.

Asteroid

I recognized that the Inputdata is missing in my uploaded file.

2 questions here:

- how can I change/update an existing post from myself?

- I tried to attach into a new post the .yxzb file but got the error message: wrong file Format. How can I upload this format?

Magnetar
Magnetar

Solution, nothing earth-shatteringly different from the others on this one. :)

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge8.JPG
Alteryx Certified Partner

Here is my solution to challenge #8.

Spoiler
challenge8.jpg
Meteoroid

Its a simple but interesting problem because doing it in the alteryx framework , makes it interesting.

Magnetar
Magnetar

my numbers are slightly different, but I'm guessing that's because I used a date filter after May 31.

Meteoroid

I seem to have approached it slightly different than others.

Spoiler
Wk 8.JPG
Highlighted
Asteroid

May not have been the cleanest approach, but here's my solution

Spoiler
Week8SolutionPicture.png
Alteryx Certified Partner
A word of caution when using Append, this generally the slowest method as you creating a Cartesian join, which requires computational grunt. Sometimes it can't be avoided, and it's very easy to write, but if you are spending many to many it may not be the best method.