Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

ShawnTM
8 - Asteroid

Hi, Here's my solution. My total is slightly different from the on in the example output, and I am not sure why that's the case.

Spoiler
ShawnTM_0-1578664213490.png
johnemery
11 - Bolide

I think I came up with a good solution using a small number of tools. Took me a bit to realize that "since June 2013" means to start on July 1...

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
JeremyGonzva
8 - Asteroid

Solution without joins

Mark99
5 - Atom

Nice - I think this is the most efficiently-constructed solution I've seen for this challenge.  Love the simplicity of the sequential !IsEmpty's.  Good education for me.

MikeLR
8 - Asteroid

I went for a slightly different approach to the solution provided but it seems to work

Spoiler
MikeLR_0-1579027517308.png
terry10
11 - Bolide

Spoiler
challenge 008 ss.PNG
AV8
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

Spoiler
Spoiler:8_workflow.JPG
PeterH23
8 - Asteroid

My attempt at challenge#8.

Spoiler

I would agree with earlier posts, that the requirement to " Identify the ... tickets since June 2013" is misleading, as the solution is from 1st July 2013 onwards. Although a simple fix when you've finished, wonder where you've gone wrong, then look at the solution.

Also, I thought the solution using a cross-tab for a beginners challenge is a bit harsh! Even the training says they are very difficult to use. I initially tried to use a cross-tab, revisited the training twice, could not get it to work.  So I gave up with the cross-tab, and opted for a different approach.

I thought the approach in the solution to include a second lookup file to handle the "burger or pizza" issue was not a clean solution. But I guess it shows there are a million ways to solve these problems!

NeilH
5 - Atom

Hi All,

In my solution, I did not use a cross tab.

dashakir1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks GeneR.