Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

madeleineK
6 - Meteoroid

I think my solution is easier to follow than the "original solution"!!

data-ninja
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
SPOILER
Illya
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

Thank you for the challenge.

Kong
7 - Meteor

Keep going challenges! Challenge #8 completed.

aihnen
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

Spoiler
aihnen_1-1572464190985.png
SamGon
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Used the Join Tool to add the Type to the data. Then I converted the Date field to a Date type in order to sort and filter by date for anything older than July 01, 2013. I used the Crosstab by grouping by the TicketID and using the Type for the new columns. To identify potential Meal Deals, I used the formula to count for Burger or Pizza and drink and side. Finally the Summarize tool was used to total the potential meal deals and the total tickets and the formula tool was used to get the final percentage.
Snare
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

Spoiler
Snare_0-1572967305150.png
Kakuffo
Alteryx
Alteryx

Was forced to check the official Solution but only to see what date they were using as this was quite unclear to clarify set the filter tool to filter on all dates from 1st July 2013 onwards. 

Elysia1
7 - Meteor

slightly different than the solution

Normster
8 - Asteroid
I came up with different answers.  From the instructions I read a potential MealDeal to include all of the selected items.

Before Cross-Tabbing I filtered for Food, Side, and Drink only and and then Summarized which gave me 15,549 tickets.  

I added another filter to show only tickets with at least 1 sale in each category, i.e.. Meal AND Side AND Drink.  That left 11,009 tickets that met the criteria for Meal Deals.

Total qualifying sales were $453,508.  Even with different numbers for total tickets and  qualifying tickets, the percentage was the same (71%) and the average sale per ticket was  $41.19.

I've attached my workflow.  Thanks.

Normster